httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [2.0] mod_proxy doesn't compile
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:30:21 GMT
On Wednesday 14 November 2001 01:19 pm, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > But it's not just the connect stuff which goes directly to the socket.
> > All of the proxy avoids the filters for communication to the backend
> > server, which removes a useful place to do filtering.
>
> Both the ftp and http proxy use a simple filter stack to talk to the
> backend (unless it's been changed), however this stack isn't very
> configurable at the moment. The framework is there, it just needs to be
> fleshed out.

All three files, proxy_connect, proxy_http, and proxy_ftp use the client_socket
from the conn_rec.  That is broken.  I know they use it, because I just fixed them
all to not use it, because I removed that field.  I fixed them the wrong way,
because the framework isn't correct for the proxy yet to fix them the right way.
Since a lot of people want to see the proxy compile again, and I doing a quick
hack now, and I'll be fixing the proxy module over the next week or so.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org