httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [2.0] mod_proxy doesn't compile
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:44:30 GMT
On Wednesday 14 November 2001 05:21 am, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> > I'm going to commit this when I am done, and people can comment and make
> > changes.  Once this is done, I am hoping to work on the perchild MPM and
> > the proxy.
>
> Do you refer to the change in httpd.h which moved the client_socket into
> the core_net_rec and broke mod_proxy? Currently it does not compile:
>
> proxy_connect.c: In function `ap_proxy_connect_handler':
> proxy_connect.c:308: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:311: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:334: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:362: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:375: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:380: structure has no member named `client_socket'
>
> proxy_ftp.c: In function `ap_proxy_ftp_handler':
> proxy_ftp.c:748: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `ap_new_connection' proxy_ftp.c:748: warning: assignment makes pointer from
> integer without a cast proxy_ftp.c:760: structure has no member named
> `client_socket'
> proxy_ftp.c:1551: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast proxy_ftp.c:1600: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_ftp.c:1635: structure has no member named `client_socket'
>
> proxy_http.c: In function `ap_proxy_http_create_connection':
> proxy_http.c:305: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_http.c:320: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_http.c:415: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `ap_new_connection' proxy_http.c:416: warning: assignment makes pointer
> from integer without a cast
>
> Is there an accessor which can return the open socket, or how
> can mod_proxy get raw access to it?

Well, I have a fully compiling mod_proxy now.  The http proxy worked as I
surfed to various web sites for about ten minutes.  The connect proxy doesn't
work yet.  As soon as I get that fixed, I'll commit.  I'm not testing ftp, because
I don't really know how to.

In order to make this work, I had to put the socket in the conn_config vector,
which is then access by the proxy.  This is a hack, but it will have to do until
I get a chance to really dig into the proxy.  BTW, the FTP proxy sucks BIG
time.  It is one huge function.  That makes it really hard to see how things
are working.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org