httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [2.0] mod_proxy doesn't compile
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:39:21 GMT
On Wednesday 14 November 2001 05:21 am, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> > I'm going to commit this when I am done, and people can comment and make
> > changes.  Once this is done, I am hoping to work on the perchild MPM and
> > the proxy.
>
> Do you refer to the change in httpd.h which moved the client_socket into
> the core_net_rec and broke mod_proxy? Currently it does not compile:
>
> proxy_connect.c: In function `ap_proxy_connect_handler':
> proxy_connect.c:308: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:311: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:334: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:362: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:375: structure has no member named `client_socket'
> proxy_connect.c:380: structure has no member named `client_socket'

I have removed half of these, but the other half are proving tricky.  Should
have something soon.  The problem is that the proxy needs to be able to read
from either the client or server, and it doesn't know which is going to be
sending data.  To get around this, the proxy uses apr_poll to determine which
is sending data.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have the socket anymore to do a poll
on.  I have a few thoughts, but I don't know how well they will work.

The thing that really bothers me though, is that our proxy is purposely
not using filters for a lot of output.  I am fixing that.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org