httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: 2.0.28-beta release?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:13:20 GMT
On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 02:06:03PM -0500, Greg Ames wrote:
> crap...  I just looked at viewcvs.  There's been two other changes to
> that file since the tag, one of which probably hit multiple files.  It's
> starting too sound risky to pull in the patch.
>
> Why don't we go with commenting out the 401 error document, and include
> the patch in the release notes?

++1

We've got to get this out to more people and replace 2.0.16/18. Beta
testers can deal with Release Notes and Bug databases quite well.

There will be more bugs. What makes this a beta right now is that it
is obviously an improvement over the prior beta.

-aaron (who thinks we should release betas more often)