httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 05:56:49 GMT
On Monday 12 November 2001 09:48 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 11:49:08PM -0000, wrote:
> > rbb         01/11/12 15:49:08
> >   Log:
> >   Begin to abstract out the underlying transport layer.
> >   The first step is to remove the socket from the conn_rec,
> >   the server now lives in a context that is passed to the
> >   core's input and output filters. This forces us to be very
> >   careful when adding calls that use the socket directly,
> >   because the socket isn't available in most locations.
> modules/proxy/proxy_connect.c does raw socket writes (see line
> 308).  I think the idea here is that mod_proxy wants to bypass
> everyone.  Not the greatest of ideas (quite bogus actually) -
> perhaps we can setup a minimal filter output stack.
> Thoughts?  I haven't had time to digest or even look at your
> patch yet, so I'm not really sure what you did.  -- justin

The proxy is bogus currently.  However, the part you are talking about
is the client side of the proxy, not the server.  When Apache is acting as
a client, it can use network primitives directly.  The important part of this
patch, is that it is possible to accept requests from transport layers that
aren't sockets.

Ryan Bloom
Covalent Technologies

View raw message