httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: 2_0_28 tarballs rolled and available
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:22:39 GMT
On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 01:29:43AM -0500, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Also, I always thought it was good to seperate the SHM management from SSL
> caching (so that other modules can use the SHM api's if needed).. But, I'd
> definitely be interested in knowing more about your alternatives..

I think Justin is going in the other direction -- your proposed changes
need to be broken down into finer grained proposals/functionality.

I'd rather see us leave the apr_shm stuff that's in there right now,
and then add your proposed freelist management code as an alternative or
supplement to our barebones apr_shm. That way we don't add unnecessary
overhead for code that's already using apr_shm, and we can still move
ahead with other shared data types which will eventually lead to other
forms of ssl session cache.

-aaron