httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 05:48:15 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 11:49:08PM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> rbb         01/11/12 15:49:08
>   Log:
>   Begin to abstract out the underlying transport layer.
>   The first step is to remove the socket from the conn_rec,
>   the server now lives in a context that is passed to the
>   core's input and output filters. This forces us to be very
>   careful when adding calls that use the socket directly,
>   because the socket isn't available in most locations.

modules/proxy/proxy_connect.c does raw socket writes (see line
308).  I think the idea here is that mod_proxy wants to bypass
everyone.  Not the greatest of ideas (quite bogus actually) -
perhaps we can setup a minimal filter output stack.

Thoughts?  I haven't had time to digest or even look at your
patch yet, so I'm not really sure what you did.  -- justin