httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 05:12:28 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 01:48:21AM -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>   2) it isn't a showstopper, because the current state of the code base
>      is no worse than the last release and we certainly aren't going to
>      prevent 2.0.28 going out as alpha or beta before it is done.

I will move my note in STATUS to be a non-release showstopper as
that seems to be the consensus here.

>   3) Nobody can veto a release -- showstoppers are merely a tool to make
>      everyone aware of a veto on a specific change or a bug that everyone
>      agrees must be fixed before a release.

[ Obviously, you know way more about this than I do, but I would
  appreciate any clarification. ]

My understanding from past conversations on list was that no one
could veto a rolling of a tarball.  However, at the same time,
it was mentioned that it was not possible to do a GA release if
there were any outstanding "showstoppers" - as these are in effect,
vetos.  The limitation here is not in the actual rolling of the
release (you can't stop that) - just the upper limit on what we
can call it.  If it has a showstopper listed in STATUS, my
understanding is that it may not be called GA.  Am I wrong?
-- justin

View raw message