httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:28:40 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 09:11:52AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > > Personally, I think this is a release showstopper, but I can be talked
> > > out of that.  I don't want to end up in the situation where we go GA
> > > and then do style changes and then the diffs AFTER the GA become
> > > cluttered with style fixes.  So, I think this needs to happen before
> > > we go GA.  For now, it lands in release-showstopper category.
> > >
> > > It also may be best to devise a plan of attack for getting files
> > > converted to the right style.  -- justin
> >
> > I disagree that this is a showstopper.
>
> So do I.

Whether or not this is a showstopper is negotiable, and I think it
is completely reasonable to move ahead with a GA release if we are
ready. OTOH, I don't think we should do significant style updates *after*
a release. In the mean time I'd personally like to make an effort to
clean up the style and make it consistent and readable.

-aaron