httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.29? (Re: apparent mod_cgid bug Re: Two apache/2.0.29-dev problems)
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:00:28 GMT
On Sunday 11 November 2001 10:00 am, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > From: Cliff Woolley [mailto:cliffwoolley@yahoo.com]
> >
> > Still, these rapid-fire tags are good, because they're forcing us to hunt
> > down these pesky bugs.  We're starting to converge on something actually
> > stable.  :)
>
> Sure, but it's only people on this list who are testing.  If we actually
> released something, we would have the help of many others.
>
> Do you know that more than 500 people downloaded 2.0.16 this morning.  All
> those people are wasting their time!

The question we need to ask is simple.  Is 2.0.28 better than 2.0.16?  If so, then
release it.  If not, then don't.

We can keep holding back releases until we think we have a GA quality
release.  That won't mean that we can release it as a GA release.  We can't
do that until it is being used on real live sites other than apache.org.

Get 2.0.28 released.  I'm about to make some major changes to the core, and
it could destabilize 2.0.29 for a few days.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org