httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: 2.0.29? (Re: apparent mod_cgid bug Re: Two apache/2.0.29-dev problems)
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:18:53 GMT
On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 02:21:29PM -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > From: Cliff Woolley []
> > IMO, it'd be better to tag 2.0.29 right now with a pretty stable tree
> > that's by all accounts better than 2.0.28.  It's that or get bug reports
> > for the next n weeks about things we've already fixed.  Just a thought.
> I can't argue with that, except to point out that we've been saying exactly
> that for every release attempt for months.  So why not release 2.0.28, tag
> 2.0.29, and release that if it turns out okay.  A release every other day is
> better than no release for months.

Agreed. It is absolutely insane that we haven't made a release. Just call it
alpha and get it out there. If you want to call it beta, then fine. But
continuing to hold up releases to "just wanna fix this next bug" is wrong.
Our releases are *always* going to have bugs. We just want to hold if it is
a critical bug that a *lot* of people will see. If it doesn't link for some
small set of users... too bad. But everybody else can enjoy a new beta.

> Of course, someone needs to do the actual work of roll+release, which is
> obviously non-trivial.  Since I can't volunteer to do it myself at the
> moment, I'll just shut up ;-)

Me neither :-(


Greg Stein,

View raw message