httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/winnt mpm_winnt.c
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:18:32 GMT
On Saturday 10 November 2001 01:07 pm, wrote:
> rbb         01/11/10 13:07:13
>   Modified:    include  http_connection.h
>                server   connection.c
>                server/mpm/winnt mpm_winnt.c
>   Log:
>   Fix the Windows MPM.  Windows doesn't always use the lingering close
>   function. If it can re-use the socket, we are better off not calling
>   the function.  To fix this, we re-expose the lingering_close function,
>   and we allow the MPM to remove the cleanup.

Bill,  can you make sure this fixes your problem?  Long-term, this won't work,
but I want to keep the server working in the short-term.  The reason this won't
work, is that you will never know if the lingering-close function has been
registered for any given connection.  We'll have to figure out how to fix that,
but for now this will work.

Ryan Bloom
Covalent Technologies

View raw message