httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/winnt mpm_winnt.c
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:18:32 GMT
On Saturday 10 November 2001 01:07 pm, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> rbb         01/11/10 13:07:13
>
>   Modified:    include  http_connection.h
>                server   connection.c
>                server/mpm/winnt mpm_winnt.c
>   Log:
>   Fix the Windows MPM.  Windows doesn't always use the lingering close
>   function. If it can re-use the socket, we are better off not calling
>   the function.  To fix this, we re-expose the lingering_close function,
>   and we allow the MPM to remove the cleanup.

Bill,  can you make sure this fixes your problem?  Long-term, this won't work,
but I want to keep the server working in the short-term.  The reason this won't
work, is that you will never know if the lingering-close function has been
registered for any given connection.  We'll have to figure out how to fix that,
but for now this will work.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org