httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: coding style cleanup Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:35:02 GMT
On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 06:21:18PM -0800, Brian Pane wrote:
> While I'm not opposed in principle to doing a code cleanup before
> GA, I'd feel much more comfortable if it either:
>   * didn't delay the release, or
>   * added some quantifiable, incremental value for users.

I think it adds some quantifiable, incremental value for the
people coding the bugger.  =)  You are right in that it would
have no effect on the users.

And, I think we could do it in such a way that it didn't delay a
release.  Realistically, we'll have some time after 2.0.X (28?)
goes beta to do some last-minute things.  AIUI, all of the other
release showstoppers *need* to be addressed before labeling
anything GA, so I think that we have a few weeks before having a
GA ready at the earliest.  That should be enough time to do it.
If we are to do style changes, I'd like to do it in a way that
doesn't harm developers trying to get a release out the door.

If we don't do it before we go GA, we're never going to do it.
And, we'll be stuck with that style until we open 2.1 for
development.  -- justin