httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: ssl-std.conf
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 00:20:47 GMT

I understand how the mechanism works, what confuses me is removing the
Port directive and adding it in the ServerName. Many Apache 1.3 users, when
upgrading to Apache 2.0 are going to be looking for the Port directive, take
a few minutes to figure out what is going wrong, read the docs and use
ServerName instead. No big deal, but for the same reason, why change the
syntax?
(just following the golden rule of engineering "if it works, don't mess with it" :)