httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject 400 instead of 413 for chunked request body too large?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 02:33:57 GMT
This is probably one for Roy..

I'm working on the test suite, against 1.3 at the moment
because it's more stable and more likely to give me
valid results to benchmark.

With 1.3, when I send an unchunked content-body that
exceeds the LimitRequestBody limit, the response is
413 (Request Entity Too Large).

When I do the same except with a chunked body, I get a
400 (Bad Request), although the body of the response
shows a correct diagnosis: "Chunked request body is larger
than the configured limit of <n>".

So, question: Shouldn't that also be a 413?  If so, 1.3
is broken in this respect (and possibly 2.0 as well; I
haven't tested it yet).
--
#ken	P-)}