httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: mod_ssl as DSO
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 02:43:19 GMT
On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 05:54:22PM -0800, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Surprising that the responses are similar with keepalive :-!.. I'm not sure
> if flood is handling the keepalive status properly.. I'm using AB (with SSL
> support), and I get pretty good results when keepalive is on (upto 250
> tps).. I don't think keepalive is a problem..

You are correct, I misconfigured my flood tests. Keepalive was indeed
enabled, it was just that only one request was sent over each keepalive
session. In any case at this point I don't think my test harness has
enough power to keep up with my server, so I'm going to have to come
up with another approach.

Does ab fully support SSL? I don't see how from looking at the code.
When I use it, I get "HTTP on HTTPS port" errors in my logs. I'm going
to try and see if I can get httperf to work over SSL.

-aaron