httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: [Fwd: httpd's CPU hogging on daedalus]
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:16:13 GMT
On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:10:24PM -0500, Greg Ames wrote:
> The loop goes as far as core_input_filter, who has an empty brigade in
> its context.  I was surprised not to see a socket bucket there.  Should
> I be worried about that?

If the socket bucket is exhausted (i.e. read all it could), the core
filter removes the bucket.  So that seems correct.

> I'll change ap_get_client_block to keep its calculated length in a local
> variable so it can be restored in case ap_get_brigade returns an empty
> brigade.  It looks like this will cause core_input_filter to return
> APR_EOF, which should get us out of the loop.  I'll also tweak
> http_filter so the AP_DEBUG_ASSERT(*readbytes) will catch this case.

Hmph.  I haven't had a chance to look at ap_get_client_block in a
while - hopefully will have time tomorrow.  When I redid the
input filtering, I purposely avoided ap_get_client_block, but it
may not be operating under the correct assumptions now.  If someone
can beat me to it, great.  =)  -- justin

View raw message