httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: any thing new as to FTP on ver 2
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2001 18:09:45 GMT
On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 11:24:31AM -0500, Ofer Baranes wrote:
> Hi , I think i read somewhere that Apache should have FTP , is it true ? is
> there any information about that ?

Apache 2.0 has the ability to support multiple protocols.  There
is a mod_pop3 module available that allows Apache to handle POP3
connections.  It was mainly written as a proof-of-concept though.

I do not believe that anyone has written an open-source FTP protocol
engine for Apache 2.0, but I believe that Covalent has written one
for their commercial product (correct me if I'm wrong).  So, it is
definitely possible with Apache 2.0.

Personally, I'd like to see an open-source version that we could
include in the ASF version.  But, no one has had the inclination
to write one just yet.  -- justin