httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Install Script (please)
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2001 08:44:31 GMT
On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 12:24:29AM -0800, hiten pandya wrote:
> hello all,
> greetings,
>
> i posted a message a week ago which had a script in it for
> installing from the CVS repository... but it seems that no
> one even replied to it.... the shell script is attached

First, if you send attachments, please don't send them
gzipped.  Most of us won't bother to gunzip it.  Please read:

http://dev.apache.org/patches.html

before submitting any more patches.

Second, why do we want an installation script?  What is wrong
with "make install" - is there something broken?  If you could
give us some rationale for adding this to the repository, but
a script for "installing from the CVS repository" seems of
dubious value - please enlighten us as to why we *have* to have
this.  =)  -- justin