httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <...@dulug.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Fwd: DSO broken on MacOS X 10.1
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 18:19:03 GMT
On Tuesday, 6 Nov 2001, at 19:02:38,
Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:
> >   Anyway, in order for DSOs (bundles, in Darwin parlance) to link with
> > tthis support in place, they need to know the symbols in the loading
> > program, so you have to specify that on the link line with, for
> > example, "-bundle_loader /usr/sbin/apache" or some such.  The problem
> > for Apache (2.0) is that GNU libtool doesn't have a good mechanism to
> > provide such a flag and it means the bundles have to be built after the

Actually....

Why can this not be done?
At Con in April, SH_LDFLAGS was added to handle flags for AIX and BeOS
for DSOs only. I don't see why MacOS X can't do
SH_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-bundle_loader /path/to/apache". Further, in 2.0, DSOs
are built after the httpd (again, dating back to Con), so I don't see
why this is a problem either.

But maybe I'm blind. ;)

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com