httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@lisanza.net>
Subject Re: MPM re-write for network logic
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 05:28:28 GMT
Hi,

Sorry that I maybe jump in so late on this thread, but still.
Some food for thought.

--On Monday, November 12, 2001 6:55 PM -0800 Ryan Bloom <rbb@covalent.net>
wrote:

> I am trying to remove the network logic from the MPMs, so that modules can
> implement different transport layers.  I am looking at using a couple of
> hooks to accomplish this.

Is this feature really neccessary to have in order to release
an Apache 2.0 version?? Is it not time that the focus is on getting
all things fixed instead of adding features and redesigning things??
If everyone keeps going like this Apache 2.0 will
never be released and this group start looking like a bunch
of hackers who never get it right. They want the perfect
reease, but what is perfect??

Harrie Hazewinkel
mailto: harrie@lisanza.net
http://www.lisanza.net/