httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Changing the SSI prefix in mod-include
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:17:25 GMT
On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 16:14, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Monday 19 November 2001 04:10 pm, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > Anybody got any issues with me making the start/end SSI tags
> > customizable for mod-include?
> >
> > I'm hoping that this won't break the BNDM optimizations
> > that people are putting in
>
> Why would you want to do that?  The start/end tags are well defined.

so we can have 2 HTTP machines in the chain,
each reading a SSI file and doing seperate things to it.

for example.
we could have a application server which generates virutal includes and
ad-calls.
we would want some virtual includes to be done on the 'back' server
side.

The resulting files could be cached and then read by the 'front'
webserver and have other SSI commands executed inside of it.
this would reduce the amount of work the front-end server needs to do
to server a page to a user.
> Ryan

> Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org
> Covalent Technologies			rbb@covalent.net