httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.28-beta release?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:20:33 GMT
From: "Greg Ames" <gregames@remulak.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 3:08 PM

> How about this?  comment out the ErrorDocument 401 lines in the
> docs/conf/httpd-*.conf files, along with a comment line or two saying
> that a patch exists, inside the tarballs.  Re-roll, re-sign, rename as
> beta, leave cvs alone.

No... leave them alone entirely.  Add a comment to the release notes that
this would be suggested for complex configurations, especially if authorization
is applied to <Location /> or <Location /error>.

If we get a report, close it with this explanation.  If we get more, close
them as dups.

Let's just get this out the door ;)

Bill