httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.28-beta release?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:32:07 GMT
From: "Greg Ames" <gregames@remulak.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 1:06 PM

> Greg Ames wrote:
>
> > hmmmm...that's an interesting idea.  I like it!  I would bump the tag on
> > that file,
>
> crap...  I just looked at viewcvs.  There's been two other changes to
> that file since the tag, one of which probably hit multiple files.  It's
> starting too sound risky to pull in the patch.

Then branch already (that one file), for goodness sakes, using APACHE_2_0_28
as the branch identifier, APACHE_2_0_28_A1 as the original file, and now
APACHE_2_0_28_B1 as the new tag.

How on earth do you suppose CHANGES or STATUS could ever be appropriately marked
without a branch on those two files?

> Why don't we go with commenting out the 401 error document, and include
> the patch in the release notes?

No nevermind here if either the fix, or the warning goes in.