httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [ADDON] mod_auth_xml
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:14:47 GMT
From: "Mladen Turk" <mturk@mappingsoft.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2001 10:16 AM

> Don't know if introducing another user authentication module has some
> usefulness, but here it is.  It uses apr_xml for xml parsing.

I think this is a cool concept - but,

  1. do we really need a management module?

  2. shouldn't this wait till we seperate auth stores from auth logic in 2.1,
     rather than littering the core with more auth store+logic modules?  We just
     pulled ldap from the core (don't worry, it's an alive and kicking subproject
     still that will be available with the full bundle of apacheness 2.0) and
     I think we want to finally have 2.0 'gel' before we jump onto new modules

Anywho, just my 2c.

Bill