httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/filters mod_include.c mod_include.h
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:48:45 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 11:47 PM

> >... cvs commit email ...
> >
> >   This passes all tests in the test suite.
>
> I've been seeing that lately on commits. Passing the tests doesn't mean the
> change was correct. The test suite only tests a small portion of Apache's
> functionality.
>
> Yes, tests should be run. But I just wanted to send out a word of caution:
> don't use them as a crutch. They will most definitely become one if you let
> them. THINK about your changes.

Better yet, think of new problems they can introduce, and write new tests :)
That's what I'm doing with my unnamed and unindicted co-consiprator prior to
rolling out the negotiation changes.  test-dev@apache.org hackers may even
offer to write it, if you can describe the scenario, or at least help you along.

Bill