httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Bogus .rc file?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:03:32 GMT
From: "Cliff Woolley" <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 1:46 PM

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > httpd-2.0/support/win32/.cvsignore includes "*.rc" as labelling
> > files to be ignored and not entered in CVS.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the repository contains (and looks as though
> > it *should* contain) ApacheMonitor.rc in that directory.
> >
> > So either the .cvsignore is spreading too wide a net, or
> > the ApacheMonitor.rc file is in CVS and shouldn't be, or
> > the file should be better named, or...
>
> I'm 99.9% sure it's the former (.cvsignore is wrong).  ApacheMonitor.rc is
> definitely needed.

And you were all but .1% correct :)  We will simply need to be explicit about
the .rc files that _will_ be ignored.  ApacheMonitor.rc has a number of very
specific resources for this gui app, while most .rc files in the Apache tree
are autogenerated for win32, with simply a versioning resource entity.

Bill