httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: MPM re-write for network logic
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:55:27 GMT
I need to study your proposal in detail... but for now I'll try to plant a seed...

Now seems to be a good time to consider what an async event driven network API would look
like :-)

The worker and windows MPM architectures lend themselves to this. One (or more) thread
doing accepting; multiple workers blocked on a queue (completion port, pthread condition
varible, kqueue, /dev/poll, etc). Hopefully should be simple extension to do
non-blocking/async reads and writes and have the completion status posted to the same
queue the worker threads are blocked on :-)

Bill