httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 07:49:45 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@covalent.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 9:24 AM

Important or not so important footnote.  We use sub_req_lookup_dirent, which is
a flavor of sub_req_lookup_file, to handle autoindex exclusions.  If the user
protects a <location >, that -file- can still appear in an autoindex listing.

I dunno if that concerns anyone.  Perhaps it should be called out in the docs.

> Note one bit of grand bogusness, however.  We used a very strange combination
> of r->main's per_dir_config (including it's Vhost/Directory/File/Location merged
> per-dir-configs, in that order) when constructing these subrequests.
>
> I scream uncle, what makes sense for file subrequests?  Use the parent request's
> Vhost+Location, then merge the correct Directory/File over that base?  I have no
> good answer.

I'm still waiting ... nattering nabobs of negativism please revisit your assertions.

Bill