httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gomez Henri" <new-ht...@slib.fr>
Subject Re: Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:10:58 GMT
>>Ryan Bloom wrote:
>>
>> I don't see why we can't. The code needs to be reviewed
>> whether the code is submitted with a name or not.

>Rodent of Unusual Size [Ken.Coar@Golux.Com] wrote:
>
>One word: liability. Two more: patent infringement.
>I think we need some evidence of good faith that the
>code isn't encumbered, or else it can't get any closer
>than the contrib directory. The accountability of a
>reasonable submitter name is far from perfect, but not
>as far as that of an anonymous one. :-)

Ok, I understand, but do you means I'll have to subscribe
directly to dev@httpd.apache.org in order to propose
some patches ?

It make sense to follow dev@httpd.apache.org when you're
a regular developper and contributor (commiter), but I don't
fit in that category today and really have concern on reducing
the number of emails I could reasonnabily handle each days.

But if it's mandatory, not problem, I'll subscribe to dev list....

-
Henri Gomez ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr (. .)
PGP KEY : 697ECEDD ...oOOo..(_)..oOOo...