httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: malloc.h is deprecated in FreeBSD :-{
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:46:21 GMT
hiten pandya <> writes:

> I saw some code that was using malloc.h.. i just wanted to
> pass a note.. do u think that when we release the source
> for FreeBSD for example... we should change the malloc.h
> bit to stdlib.h (thats the new one in use)...?

We would prefer not to have such low-level knowledge.  We check at
configure time whether or not we can safely include malloc.h and
should only include it on such systems.  Whether or not it is
deprecated on a particular platform isn't a problem.

Do you see it included anywhere without #ifdef HAVE_MALLOC_H around the
include?  APR checks for the existence of malloc.h and is careful to
include it only if it exists and can be included without breaking the

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message