httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: malloc.h is deprecated in FreeBSD :-{
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:46:21 GMT
hiten pandya <hpandya@lycos.co.uk> writes:

> I saw some code that was using malloc.h.. i just wanted to
> pass a note.. do u think that when we release the source
> for FreeBSD for example... we should change the malloc.h
> bit to stdlib.h (thats the new one in use)...?

We would prefer not to have such low-level knowledge.  We check at
configure time whether or not we can safely include malloc.h and
should only include it on such systems.  Whether or not it is
deprecated on a particular platform isn't a problem.

Do you see it included anywhere without #ifdef HAVE_MALLOC_H around the
include?  APR checks for the existence of malloc.h and is careful to
include it only if it exists and can be included without breaking the
compile.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...