httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: More Dos -- Large GETs
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:15:28 GMT
Jon Travis <jtravis@covalent.net> writes:

> Nope.  I just allocated 1MB of 'x's and sent that buffer a couple hundred
> times.  It was the httpd process which was growing, not my test program.
> This was with Apache 2.0 HEAD, BTW, and 100% reproducable for me.

Hmmm... do you have any extra input filters configured?

I don't know what would be different between our tests...  More
information about mine:

default_handler() was used to generate the response

it calls ap_discard_request_body() which calls
ap_get_client_block(,,8K) in a loop

no input filters beyond those added automatically to implement HTTP
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...