httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Re[1] Just tagged the tree.
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:47:26 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:11:10PM -0700, hiten pandya wrote:
> > hey all,
> > guys.. dont leave me out,
> > tell me where the problems are,
> > as in which modules.. which directories...
> > i cant wait for a beta!...
> > i will help,
>
> Please read Jeff Trawick's posts on dev@apr.apache.org (are you
> subscribed to that list?).  We kind of know how to solve this
> particular issue, we're just debating what the right solution
> is.  =)  I'm not sure what the conclusion was.  And, I think
> we're waiting for Jeff to resolve it.  That's how these things go.

I'd love to get some feedback from my latest patch/comments on
dev@apr.apache.org.  I need to take it in a direction that Ryan didn't
like, and since there is a fair amount of code to hack up that I'm not
thrilled about hacking up (non-unix apr, various MPMs) I'd like to do
it in a mutually acceptable way the first time.

There isn't anything hard technically about solving this problem.  It
seems to be just a matter of picking a way to get the right
information back to the app and yet maintain a clean interface to the
portable aspects of getting a child exit status.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...