httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Linux New Media Award for httpd
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:00:50 GMT
Hi guys,

I almost forgot to send this email...

About 10 days ago the Apache httpd server has won the
Linux New Media Award in the category "Best Server Software".
We got 54% of all votes. Other nomiees included Samba (23%),
OpenSSH (17%), phpGroupware (4%) and OpenLDAP (2%).

The award ceremony took place at the Linuxpark at the Systems
Expo in Munich. Martin Kraemer and I (who where running the ASF
booth at the expo) where there to take the award on behalf of
the ASF.

More details (in german) at
http://www.linux-community.de/Neues/story?storyid=2245

The award money (IIRC 3000,- DM) will be transfered to the
ASF account.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                 - Money is the root of all evil!
lars@hyperreal.org                  - Send 15$ for more info!