httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin C. Darby" <win...@kradaudio.net>
Subject libmysqlclient and apache2
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:30:54 GMT
I'm writing a C++ apache module for httpd-2.0, and I'm running into a bit
of a wall with Apache's memory allocation system.

It appears that whenever the mysql client library tries to malloc()
memory, it causes the server to crash.

When I call mysql_options(), it's crashing in the call to my_malloc(), in
mysys/my_malloc.c, line 36 (mysql 2.23.43). It's a perfectly harmless
malloc() call, done in a thread-safe build of the mysql client library
(which is why I'm blaming Apache before MySQL here..).

Over-detailed bloated gdb/strace/etc available if needed, however, I was
able to reproduce this on every assorted linux box in my office.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin C. Darby