httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Hubert" <>
Subject RE: install system
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:26:20 GMT
Hi folks,

> i mean, it might be useful for the newbies to install the
> server easily. we could offer the following features on a
> start:

I would tell myself a so called newbie, but from my point
of view there is no need for such an install system.
If everything is well documented (and that's mostly the
case) - a big thanks to all the diligent workers - it is
not that difficult to get apache to run.

The time would be better invested in boosting the
documentation eg. AFAIK there is still no docu for
mod_ssl, mod_tls and so on for Apache 2.0.

So to sum it up I would call it nice to have, but there
are a lot of things which I would evalute as more important
for the Apache's user community.

View raw message