httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:10:42 GMT

Out of curiosity mostly, can you tell me where that user data comes from?
If you are talking about the problem with the "it worked" page in recent
versions,  I don't see that as directly related to the problem we are
discussing.  Selecting a "non-negotiable" variant when "negotiable" variants
are available was obviously wrong.  But selecting a "non-negotiable" variant
when nothing else is available seems sensible.

I think it is great that you have done all this work to clean up the
negotiation issues.  Things seem to be in MUCH better shape now.  What is
left is a relatively minor issue about a feature of multiviews that,
admittedly, has nothing to do with negotiation.  If you want to add a
directive to turn on or off this part of multiviews, that is fine with me.
But I see no good reason to get rid of this feature entirely.

Joshua.