httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: New proxy hook
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:26:10 GMT
Daniel Lopez at daniel@rawbyte.com wrote:

> I understand your concern with easy configuration. What I am advocating is
> adding all those features but still use HTTP as the transport (like
> subversion does for cvs). This eliminates the need to develop and maintain
> your own protocol, allows you to take advantage of things like SSL and any
> improvements that you make to reverse proxy, like load balancing, can be
> used by other modules or setups with any backend server, not only tomcat.

And you keep missing my point when I say that you can already do that with
Tomcat 4.x, and WARP/WebApp are an addition to that method in terms of
performance and ease of use... We already have and use the functionality
provided by an HTTP-based reverse proxy (TC4.0/4.1, Tomcat HTTP/1.1
connector and mod_proxy in Apache), but we need more :)

    Pier