httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Accept locking test code strangeness
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:48:15 GMT
on 10/10/01 11:56 AM, Aaron Bannert at aaron@clove.org wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 11:41:18AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>>> Anyway, Justin, thanks for the warning that pthread locking on linux doesn't
>>> actually work. It would have led me astray to no end.
>>
>> One suggestion I might make is to use Aaron's testlockperf in APR under
>> the test directory.  You may have less problems with that if you want
>> to test raw locking performance.
>
> Those are really just a clone of the Richard Stevens tests ported to
> the two APR lock APIs, which IIRC Sander was going to run those also.
> Make sure to try testlockperf with and without pthread_setconcurrency()
> to make sure you aren't starving the other CPUs.

Meant to, and still mean to, but I got bogged down in ksh-related stuff that
isn't on the boxes I'm using... got moved to the back burner.

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                             sctemme@covalent.net
Engineering group                                Voice: (415) 536 5214

   PGP Fingerprint: 1E74 4E58 DFAC 2CF5 6A03  5531 AFB1 96AF B584 0AB1

use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
of the original message