httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: SSL configuration file [httpd-ssl.conf - new file to be added ]
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 18:08:32 GMT
You're right. I'd also prefer that Ralf commits the change (especially if
it's a copyright issue).

As regards the ServerRoot stuff, now that the ssl-std.conf will also be
modified by the "sed" script during the "make install" - It should be okay
to have "@@ServerRoot@@" blocks embedded into the ssl-std.conf. So, we can
have the old rules "<Directory @@ServerRoot@@/cgi-bin>".

Thankx
-Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@covalent.net]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 6:43 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org; rse@engelschall.com; MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN
(HP-Cupertino,ex1)
Subject: Re: SSL configuration file [httpd-ssl.conf - new file to be
added ]

From: "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)"
<madhusudan_mathihalli@hp.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 3:53 AM

> YES !!.. I know mod_ssl is not working, but can somebody pl. commit the
> SSL config file so that it's not just lost in the chain of mails..

I have only one question... Ralf still has not verified contribution of the
mod_ssl docs.  I'd prefer he commits your patch, himself, since this isn't
your config, but the config you borrowed from mod_ssl.

Ralf contributed the mod_ssl, but we should leave it for him to confirm
(or simply commit) his project's conf and docs.  Otherwise please don't
steal
the project's config commentary verbatim.

Your idea is sound (your Listen @@Port@@ is redundant now, and I'd much
rather
see <Directory "@@ServerRoot@@/cgi-bin"> than <Directory "cgi-bin">).

Ralf, any feedback :-?