httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: SSL configuration file
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 01:14:27 GMT
Oh.. It just occured to me that *we'll have to do the sed* on the
httpd-ssl-std.conf file also - atleast for enabling the "Listen <http_port>"
thing.. Is there any way this can be avoided ?..

Moreover, I think it's less work to just add the httpd-ssl-std.conf file to
the set of files that are to sed'ed - this way, there's no need to worry
about copying the httpd-ssl.conf file to the destination.. It should be
taken care automatically..

Thx
-Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Bloom [mailto:rbb@covalent.net]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 6:10 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org; MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)
Subject: Re: SSL configuration file

On Monday 01 October 2001 06:06 pm, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)
wrote:

It's not hard, but it is just more work for the installation to do, and when
we
create binary builds, it is one more file that the install script has to
remember
to sed.  If we just use relative paths, then everything just kind of works.

Ryan

> Oh !!.. that's right :-).. I had the DocumentRoot setup with full path in
> the v-host configuration, and hence the confusion.. I thought the
> ServerRoot *is* required in setting it up..
> But does it really matter if we have the @@ServerRoot@@ variable in the
ssl
> configuration file ?.. It should be really simple to 'sed' it to the
prefix
> that's configured by the user - right ?..
>
> -Madhu

CVS

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org