httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: SSL configuration file
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:56:23 GMT
Quick related question : should I send the default httpd-ssl.conf, or can
somebody check in a default one into CVS.
Also, in the default httpd-ssl.conf, the ServerRoot should be
"@@ServerRoot@@" - as in httpd-std.conf, and will have to be modified during
the "make install" stage (only if SSL is enabled), and the "include
conf/httpd-ssl.conf" be enabled in httpd.conf ?..

Thx
-Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodent of Unusual Size [mailto:Ken.Coar@Golux.Com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 1:53 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSL configuration file

Ryan Bloom wrote:

> The reality is that most people just use the default
> config, and modify it to fit their needs.

I think that actually the reality is that most people
get a massaged config as part of their OS distribution,
which probably bears only a nodding resemblance to our
file.  The distribution builders have a long history of
mashing the tar out of our defaults. :-)

I'm with Ryan here -- I think it should be a separate
file.
--
#ken	P-)}