httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: newbie has a question
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:51:03 GMT
Michael wrote:

> Hello, I am new to the list (as of today) and have this "problem" that
> creeps into the access and error logs that I thought I would see if
> anyone has a solution or suggestion.
>
> It appears in both my Windows and Linux implementations.
>
> things such as these appear and make the logs VERY difficult to read
> without writing a program to parse these out.

These log lines come from external virus/worm infected machines which
are trying to infect your machine. As you're not running IIS these
attempts are unsuccessful. They are valid requests (even though they may
not have valid responses) and thus Apache logs them as usual.

The short answer is that there isn't much you can do about them.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street