httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: no seg fault recovery with worker or threaded
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:49:13 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> Feeling brave, I decided to build with the threaded MPM and try a log
> replay.  I got a bunch of seg faults very quickly, no dump, and got
> seg-fault-but-no-dump log messages.  ps makes it look like the main
> thread bailed out before all its worker threads exited.  The server then
> became useless.
>
> I re-built with the worker MPM, and got very similar results.

uhhh, the massive quantities of seg faults were my fault - bad builds.
Sorry.  The Linux 2.4.6 kernel gave me tons o' core dumps so I was able
to see what was happening.

After completely rebuilding with worker, log replay ran cleanly.  I
suspect threaded will do the same.  I did notice that graceful restart
for worker is broken:

[Wed Oct 24 19:48:31 2001] [notice] SIGUSR1 received.  Doing graceful
restart
[Wed Oct 24 19:48:35 2001] [emerg] (9)Bad file descriptor: Couldn't
create accept lock

Jeff has got a handle on this and should have a patch posted soon.

What else should be fixed before a tag and roll?

Greg