httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject no seg fault recovery with worker or threaded
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:00:04 GMT
Feeling brave, I decided to build with the threaded MPM and try a log
replay.  I got a bunch of seg faults very quickly, no dump, and got
seg-fault-but-no-dump log messages.  ps makes it look like the main
thread bailed out before all its worker threads exited.  The server then
became useless.

I re-built with the worker MPM, and got very similar results.

The original cause of the seg faults might be more dir_merge issues.
http://java.apache.org/james/dist/ fails fairly consistantly, and all of
the recent merge problems we've seen have been for directory URLs.  But
I'm more concerned that the MPMs aren't recovering from a worker thread
seg fault.

Greg