httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: New proxy hook
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:46:28 GMT
Daniel Lopez wrote:

> Yes, in fact that was the first approach I tried.  Tut that would require
> modification of how the reverse proxy code works (which I would avoid if possible).

Don't be scared to change how the proxy works - if the change is an
improvement, it should be included.

> Since I am just modifying headers, that is why I proposed this header fixup
> hook.

If you're modifying headers, then your changes should be made to
mod_headers - otherwise you will end up with similar or the same code in
two modules, which is bad. (code in mod_headers expoiting your hook in
mod_proxy might be a way to this)

But backtracking a little - you said you needed this functionality to
modify the behavior of the X-Forwarded-For (and similar) headers.
Perhaps adding options to modify the X-* behavior is a better idea - the
fact that these headers are hard coded in and are not able to be
disabled is a bit bogus.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? (Removing them? Changing them to
another value?)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon