httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <>
Subject Re: Placing a recent snapshot on daedalus?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:48:41 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> Amen to what Ryan said.  We're not ready to go live yet.
> * no error log message or dump after a seg fault on Linux.

speaking of seg faults with no diagnostic info, I just tried a log
replay on my ThinkPad.  It ran for a little while then stopped dead.
Last week, it ran much longer.

[gregames@gandalf gregames]$ hps
11161     1 040 do_sel S pts/1    00:00:00 httpd
11162 11161 040 unix_a S pts/1    00:00:00 httpd

looks like something happened to all the worker processes - these two
are the parent and the cgid daemon process.  hmmm, even so,
perform_idle_server_maintenance ought to wake up and create more, no
matter what.  gdb time.  this is prefork, btw.

View raw message