httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http mod_mime.c
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 11:06:19 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> And size matters, but it's irrelevant if we are
> choosing between cgi-generated content, (filter)
> parsed content and static content.

I'm not quite sure what the above has to do with
mod_mime.  If you're talking about negociation, though:

Not quite, I don't think.  Leave the generation method
out of the equation; it's irrelevant.  It's the 'quality'
of the content that matters, not how it's generated.
The Webmaster may decide to assign a higher quality to
static content (which also has a better performance),
but he may not.  Please get it out of your head that the
impact of producing the content is automatically related
to which is the 'better' variant; we can set that up as our
default if the Webmaster doesn't assign quality values,
but it is *not* automatically the case.
#ken	P-)}