httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: .asis handler isn't driven
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 13:54:35 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> [There is a weakness.  We need to evaluate the exception
> list by component, right now we simply strcmp.  There is
> a note in status to that effect.  E.g. requesting index.bak
> -should- match index.html.bak

Um, no, I definitely think not.  I think the portion of
the filename that's specified in the URL should be
considered opaque, and that we can only negociate using
the bits that are tailed on the file names but not the
URL.

That is, if the URI is index.bak, we can only negociate
amongst variants matching index.bak* -- NOT index.*.bak*.
--
#ken	P-)}