httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: part of request duplicated
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 18:37:55 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> I can't remember if this has been fixed since 2.0.24 (whatever version is
> running on daedalus), but if you GET the URL
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/httpd.html
>
> you'll see that the first few lines are duplicated (didn't count the exact
> number of characters).
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny this on a more modern version of the httpd?
> I'll try to verify this evening, on the run right now.

Cliff,

Once I got over being fumble fingered and remembered how to type in a
valid netcat HTTP/1.0 GET, and get it thru the IBM firewall, I don't see
a server problem.  If you do, can you elaborate, please?

The headers are fine.  I see some duplication in the content, so yeah,
maybe we have a minor site problem.  The three lines starting with
"<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC" appear twice.  If I edit the source files, I see
them in the main file, and then again in the included header.html file.
But Netscape seems happy with it, fwiw.

Greg
What I got:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK